Rambo has officially joined the list of men in my life who are picky eaters (lucky me), so I decided that instead of spending money buying treats that he hates, I would make him some delicious homemade cookies! It also gives me peace of mind knowing EXACTLY what's going in them... and the fact that he loved them didn't hurt either! I wish I could say that finding a great recipe was easy... but it wasn't. I had 3 failed attempts before finding 2 that he loved, but I guess good things don't always come easy! I hope your little fur baby enjoys them as much as Rambo did! I made him Crunchy Ginger Cookies and Mini Muffins!
Scroll to the bottom for links to my fave cookie jars!
Crunchy Ginger Cookies
- 2 cups whole wheat non-bleached flour
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1 tbs of ground ginger
- 3/4 cup no salt added chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease baking sheet
- In a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, large flake oats and ginger
- In a small bowl combine chicken broth, egg and oil
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well blended
- On a lightly floured surface roll out dough until 1/4 inch thick and use cookie cutters of your choice to cut out treats.
- Put treats on baking sheet and bake 25 mins.
Mini Pup Muffins
- 1 Apple or 1 cup of Apple Sauce
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1 ripe Banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 1/4 cup Unbleached Flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease muffin tins (large or small)
- Peel and cut carrot and apple and steam until soft. If using applesauce, only steam carrots.
- In large bowl, mash banana
- Add eggs and butter
- Puree the cooked apple and carrot
- Add apple and carrot to the other wet ingredients and beat until there are no lumps
- Add the flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients and beat for 2 minute (until smooth)
- Fill greased muffin tin 1/2 way full with batter.
- Bake for 15 mins if making mini muffins, and 20-25 mins if making regular sized muffins, or until wooden tooth pick comes out clean.
I would love to see pics of your fur babies enjoying these treats so please tag me in your pics on Instagram :) @mrsnewmommtl