Finding delicious meals has not been as difficult as I thought and I am SO THANKFUL. I was sure that after day 1, I would be crying and regretting announcing online that I was committing to a KETO diet - but I'm still so happy with my decision! I thought I'd share what some of my meals this week looked like!
Breakfast, I find, has been the most simple to plan but the hardest to execute because I leave so early for work. Having a plan the night before definitely makes it easier.
I start every morning with a KETO Coffee. Click here for the one I use. Consider investing in a 4-pack - you'll save money and won't ever be missing it! If you're like me and add cream to your coffee, I recommend the KETO Creamer as well! It's relish and will help jumpstart your Keto Diet efforts.
- 2 Egg Omelette: ham, red pepper, cheddar cheese, spinach and half an avocado on the side
- 2 Eggs, 4 pieces of Bacon and a slice of Tomato
- Yogurt & Chia Seeds: 1/2 cup of yogurt with 1 tbs of chia seeds (let soak overnight in the fridge). In the morning, add a few berries to your container and you're good to go! ** TIP: if you eat breakfast at work, add frozen berries to your container and they will have thawed by the time you go to eat them - they will also help keep your yogurt cold.
Lunch has been an easy-ish meal. The hardest part has been getting enough fat into each serving. I never realized how hard it was to reach that 70-25-5 ratio for fat-protein-carb!
- Pepper Sandwich: 1 bell pepper cut in half (used to replace bread), 1 tbs mayo, 2 slices of turkey, lettuce, tomato, sliced havarti cheese.
- Salads: (keep in mind that because this is a LOW CARB diet, you can't pack it full with as many carb filled veggies as you normally would) - 1/4 cup green beans, 5 cherry tomatoes, 1 cup spinach, 1/8 cup of marble cheese, 1/8 cup of ham or turkey, 3-4 tbs of dressing (I chose a President's Choice Greek Vinaigrette with 6g of fat and only 1g of carbs)
- Leftovers from the night before!!!
This meal's biggest challenge is not going over my carb consumption after my other meals are over! I love though that I can use as many fanny sauces as I want (mayo, spicy mayo, mustard, salad dressing etc. - just check the carb content!)
- Organic All Beef Sausages with broiled broccoli
- Breaded Cod with Garlic-Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower **I used coconut flour for the breading on the cod!
- Broiled chicken cordon bleu with asparagus (stuffed with bacon and cheese)
- Chicken thighs with a dijon mustard cream sauce and brussel sprouts
- Taco bowl: ground beef, tomato, cheddar cheese, lettuce, avocado, sour cream and salsa.