Any gadget that promises to save me time and frustration when it comes to baby is worth a try in my books, so when I heard about the Baby Brezza, I knew I needed to buy it! The best description I can give it, is an on demand coffee maker but for formula.
It's as simple as filling it with sterilized water (it holds 1.5L or 50oz), setting up the machine to dispense your type of formula based on the recommendations on the Baby Brezza Website (you only do this once), adding formula, selecting the amount to be dispensed, and pressing the green start button. In under 10 seconds you have a perfectly mixed and dispensed bottle ready for feeding. It's a lifesaver for midnight feeds, for a crying panicked baby who seems to have gone from happy to hungry in under a second, and for anyone coming over to babysit your little one. It gives you the option to use the room temperature water that is in the reservoir, or it heats it to the perfect temperature for baby. There are a few downsides to the machine that I did find, but overall the ease of use makes it well worth it!
- Large reservoir that holds 1.5 L or 5 0oz of water
- Heats water (if you want) in under 5 mins
- Dispenses a perfectly mixed bottle in under 10 seconds
- Easy assembly
- Funnel and underside needs to be cleaned every 4 bottles or once a day (which ever comes first) - which can be a bit annoying in the middle of the night
- There is a minimum and maximum line in the food container so I find that you often have enough formula for a few more bottles but you still need to add more formula to keep the machine working
- Once a month they recommend taking apart the machine completely and cleaning every part. It's not the cleaning that's annoying, but more so the drying. Each piece needs to be completely dry to avoid the formula clumping in it and to avoid bacteria growing, however many of the pieces ave little grooves and holes so it's a bit frustrating to dry by hand
Overall, I find that Baby Brezza has been a lifesaver for me. Zane is very much a panicked baby when he's hungry and it makes me so happy to be able to make a bottle in under 10 seconds (I don't heat the water for him - I use room temp water).
I posted a video on YouTube of the easy assembly and I even made a bottle so you can see how simple it is! Don't forget to subscribe to my channel :)
If you enjoyed this blog post, follow me!Follow