This post is sponsored by First Alert Canada and the Mom It Forward Influencer Network. All opinions are my own.
When is the last time you checked your fire and smoke detectors to make sure they were working? What about your carbon monoxide (CO) detectors? I was shocked to learn from First Alert’s 2017 Survey of Canadian Households that more than one-third (35%) of Canadian homes do not have a CO detector installed and that the majority of Canadians do not have the recommended number of smoke alarms installed to protect their home from the threats of smoke and fire.
Often called the invisible killer, carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless and colorless gas that can be produced by any fuel-burning device, such as a furnace, boiler, stove or car. It is the #1 cause of accidental poisoning in Canada and is responsible for more than 300 deaths each year, which should be enough of a reason for you to run out and buy detectors for your home IMMEDIATELY. Equipping your home to be safer doesn’t end with carbon monoxide detectors! According to the Canadian National Fire Information Database, 80 percent of fire deaths occur in homes without working smoke alarms, often due to missing alarm batteries or expired alarms… and I refuse to let that be my home!
First Alert offers several smoke and CO alarms equipped with 10-year sealed lithium batteries which means you don’t need to remember to change the batteries! 10-year alarms also eliminate the risk of ever having an alarm deactivated due to battery removal. It doesn’t hurt either that the CO detector and smoke alarms are so sleek looking, easy to install and simple to use. You take them out of the package, press the test button to ensure they are working, and install with the screws that are included. The First Alert packaging even includes instructions and recommendations on where to put smoke and CO alarms in the home! They blend right into your home decor and you can sleep better at night knowing that you’ve done all you can to keep your family protected!
Check out First Alert’s website to learn more about equipping your home with the latest in home safety!